Author Topic: introduce myself  (Read 9581 times)

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
introduce myself
« on: December 14, 2005, 09:33:20 »
Hi everybody,

Someone from this friendly looking site made me aware of it's existence, and because i've never heard of it i decided to check it out.
I must say it looks very nice and i hope that i can make some new "playmofriends" with whom i can share information about our beloved toy.

I am 36, am married and have a 4 year old son and i've been collecting since a few years now.
My interests are knights, pirates, western and indians.
Also the old arabic theme i find very attractive.

Well, enough about me, but if there are some of you who would like to know more, just ask me.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 11:22:36 »
Hi Arab Warrior, and welcome from North Yokshire in the UK.  Nice to see you here, and I'm sure you'll like it.  The Arab theme is way before my time with Playmobil, but what I have seen of it is very attractive.  I know as a toy soldier fan in my early teens the William Britains Arabs were a favourite of mine.

Now a question - whereabouts are you?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Sir Gareth

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 12:43:00 »
Hi arab warrior.

Your collecting habits sounds just like mine, except I don't collect the Arab theme, YET!

welcome to PlaymoFriends.

Garry.

I'm only human, born to make mistakes.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 12:53:08 »
I know as a toy soldier fan in my early teens the William Britains Arabs were a favourite of mine.
Now a question - whereabouts are you?

Hello, Arab Warrior ...

And, a BIG welcome from sunny Florida!

To repeat playmofire's question ... "whereabouts are you?"

And ... To repeat playmofire once again ... I too loved WBritains Arabs as a youngster ...

This was one of the WBritains Arab sets, but my favourite was their "Arabs of the Desert" with camels and palm trees.

So when Playmobil introduced their Arab set-3415 ... It quickly became one of my very favourite Playmobil sets of all time!

Very happy that you joined us and all the best,
Richard

==============

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 13:16:15 »
Whereabouts am i?

I live in the Netherlands, you know that stubborn little country wich seems to have their own set of rules.

I don't know that toy; WBritains but it looks interesting, is there a site where i can find anything about it?
And that set 3415!! Isn't it special i just traded the carpet with someone and didn't remember how it looked like, it's made of a thick plastic sheet with a sticker on top.

Thank you all for the welcome

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 15:12:52 »
Hi Arab Warrior, and Welcome!  :wave:

I have an almost 4 year-old that sometimes lets me play with his castles and pirates ;)

I LOVE that set, Richard ... I have a feeling that one's going to be a tad out of my reach, if I ever find it on ebay ;)
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline David

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 15:35:06 »
A warm welcome from Germany Arab Warrior, I too am interested in these themes.  I have a dream of making scenes from the 1001 nights using Playmo Arabs and the fairyland castle.

Guarrenzino 

PS  A nice set Richard. Good old Britains :D

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 16:28:37 »
hi there, welcome from Mexico :wave:
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 17:23:03 »
Hi never aspired to the set, Richard, just loose figures, but vy nice ones nonetheless.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 17:35:45 »
Hello Arab Warrior from the US

The Arabs are a hypnotic theme.
Several of us got into them sideways by also being fans of the Safari theme.  Collectobil.com has grouped the arabs into the Safari theme, and viola, those who like the Safar theme, fall for the Arab theme, as well.

I only wish I could get the set that Richard has displayed.
I can dream, and keep an eye on Ebay   ;)

If you can stick to your few chosen themes I congratualte you.
Unfortunately, places like this end up showing the richness of the other themes, we swore to never collect.  And the addiction starts.

Welcome, hope you like it here,
Meg