Author Topic: Greetings from New Mexico  (Read 11655 times)

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
Greetings from New Mexico
« on: November 10, 2005, 15:33:13 »
Hello from sunny and dry New Mexico!

I started playing with playmo when the first Blackbeard's Ship came out and I bought it for my little boy.  I was instantly hooked, and expanded our pirate collection.  That seemed to naturally morph into castles, Steck only (that, and the little guy's room is painted to look like a castle room).  Of course, then I just had to have some of the magic/fantasy pieces, but not too much of the girly pink stuff ... hmmmmm. someone recently accused me of being a 'tomboy', I guess he wasn't wrong  :-[   ;D

As for me and mine, I work in the 'back room' of a travel agency, messing with the computers, and managing/creating all of the advertising.  My husband works for the same company, managing our network throughout the 6 states we're in.  The little guy is soon to be four, and is just now noticing that his playmo 'guys' are missing the smallish parts  :hmm:   Christmas is going to feature a LOT of blue boxes this year.  I'm also planning on building a castle and decorating it for him as a suprise for Christmas morning.

I love to read and I love movies, even if we have to rent most of the time.  Most recently we saw 'Serenity', a cult-ish type film. so I won't be suprised if you haven't heard of it, much less seen it (coming to DVD in December).  I made, and am working on, customs of the characters from that show, check 'em out in the Customs forum.  Be gentle, they're my first really painted customs  :-[  ;D

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!

"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Greetings from New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 22:32:08 »
Hello from sunny and dry New Mexico!

Yeah, yeah. Stop rubbing it in! :P (The weather will be cold and wet here from now until at least April!)

The little guy is soon to be four, and is just now noticing that his playmo 'guys' are missing the smallish parts  :hmm: 

Er... noses? ;D

Nice to learn a bit more about you, Serenity. ;)
Welcome to PlaymoFriends! :D

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 22:35:42 »
Er... noses? ;D

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I was thinking about swords and guns and such, but now that you mention it ...  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 01:12:44 »
Hey Lady! Glad to re-make your aquantance! And thanks for getting me hooked on Firefly/Serenity! The best cult western/sci fi show on DVD! ;)

Excellent customs btw...ya'll check them out! :D
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 02:43:39 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 01:17:35 »
Yep, we call it our Space Cowboys show.

BTW, saw 'Buffy' in 'The Grudge' ... why I even bother to watch horror movies is beyond me.  I've had nightmares for 3 nights now (I think it's the weird anime-ish look).

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 17:45:38 »
She's not "Buffy" in "The Grudge"...just as Mal is no longer Caleb.  ;)  :P

Like my photo quote?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 17:51:58 by Psyche »
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 18:01:07 »
is it from "Buffy"?

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 18:14:11 »
Yes Dear...I need to have you over for a Buffy Marathon!

As is this:"I didn't jump to conclusions. I took a small step, and conclusions there were."

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 18:19:32 »
The next time I get out to the northwest, we can do it.
Do you have a hottub, and pernod?

I have recently been getting into Gilmore girls and Smallville.

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 18:32:24 »
No but I have a bath tub and bubble and vodka!  :D  :0

Pick Serenity up on your way out ok?  :)9