Author Topic: How can i set personal contact preferences  (Read 2101 times)

Offline A Little Lady

• Playmo Enthusiast
How can i set personal contact preferences
« on: August 07, 2009, 23:28:57 »
Hello

i was browsing the members board today and was wondering how the email function worked?

Is my email address accessible to all members or just the moderators?

If i put an msn contact on there whats the risk that hackers might use it to spam me?
Basically can only members add me to their MSN a/cs?

How do i change my personal contact preferences?

Alexis
hello im a little lady and im a playperson

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: How can i set personal contact preferences
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 10:43:31 »
Hi Alexis,

At the moment your email is hidden because that is the option you chose when you registered your forum account. The only person who can see it is an admin (i.e. me! ;)).

If you decide to change this setting via your Profile area, then the only people able to see it will be the other members of the forum - NOT the general public. I can guarantee you will not receive any spam emails through this forum because we make it far too difficult for spammers to register accounts here.

You do not need to make your email address visible in order to receive messages from other members, since you can allow them to contact you through the Personal Message system instead.

If you look in your Profile section (http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=638), you will see a small link on the left titled Personal Message Options (see attachment). That is where you can set up your PM preferences.

When using the PM system, please remember to reply at the forum by using the link given in the body of the notification message. Do NOT click the reply button in your email client because your reply will be bounced by PF's server to the email address where all forum error messages get sent, which means your intended recipient will never get your message.