Author Topic: What still works on PlaymoDB  (Read 11518 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: What still works on PlaymoDB
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2014, 06:36:34 »
I just noticed that when you enter a part number (any part number) in the url address of a 'klicky details' page such as http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/klicky.pl?partnum=30-24-4770- as mentioned above- you now get several pictures of the part as well as a list (with pictures) of the set in which it is found. This will be very useful for checking you are looking at the part you want in the colour you want.

Thanks Heather!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:05:01 by GrahamB »
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 07:01:36 »
Your link appears not to work, Graham.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 07:05:47 »
Your link appears not to work, Graham.

Thanks for that playmofire. Now fixed.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 07:30:41 »
That can be very useful.  Thanks for highlighting it, Graham.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 12:43:32 »
Baby-steps of progress - still working on it!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 21:17:48 »
Is there a way to find out in which theme (in PlaymoDB) a specific set belongs to?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 11:22:59 »
No, there isn't currently an easy way to do this- just search likely themes here http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/sets.pl. Sometimes it can be tricky to track down a set to a theme.

If you want to find an inventory or picture of a specific set, enter the set number here http://www.playmodb.org/cgi-bin/your_set_list.pl. This doesn't give you the theme, however.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 11:51:44 »
Is there a way to find out in which theme (in PlaymoDB) a specific set belongs to?

I find that is mostly a matter of opinion... no?

(We've been struggling with themes for a LONG time in the playkingdoms remake :-[ )

Offline tigana123

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Chief Architect
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 12:50:50 »
I 'm keeping a record of the sets that I have and it is helpful to keep it under specific themes (instead of sorting them by product number). This way (sort by theme) I can see what I may be missing in each category etc...

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2014, 19:21:30 »
I find that is mostly a matter of opinion... no?

(We've been struggling with themes for a LONG time in the playkingdoms remake :-[ )

Yes, apart from Geobra's own catalogues, which put sets together in themes, it is a matter of personal opinion. I sometimes use PlaymoDB's themes, but some are less useful ('Knights' covers a wide variety of sets, 'Traffic' covers some but not all vehicles, 'Rescue' covers both 'Fire and Rescue' and Hospitals, 'Free Time' and 'Leisure' seem to cover similar sets and so on. I guess some of the themes reflect different phases in PM development.