Author Topic: Linking to web addresses  (Read 7021 times)

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
Linking to web addresses
« on: February 10, 2012, 18:45:38 »
In this post from Heather:
The purple plaid does exist, on this fellow: 30 00 5960 - Man, purple plaid shirt and vest

(I know, I know, his printing is not marked. I searched for "plaid" to find him.) My photo of the farm worker (good job on the link, by the way) has no beard-stubble like yours, either, but squinting at the box-photo for his set, 3929 - Harvester, makes me think he ought to have it. So maybe my photo's not accurate either.

Conclusion: none yet, but suspecting a hybrid. Anyone else?

She has linked to her website but just so you click on the words. How can I do that so as not to end up with tons of lines of a link?  (Do you all get what I mean)   8}
[img]

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Linking to web addresses
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 18:50:40 »
I have only just recently learned this myself. ;D First of all from playmodb, it's really easy, because down at the bottom of the page it gives the code you can copy and it will turn out just like that.

But to do it with any other site, type
Code: [Select]
[URL= then paste your link, then
]
followed by the words you want to appear, followed by
Code: [Select]
[/URL]and it should show up correctly.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline naflibomyalp

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 18:57:48 »
OK, here goes. 

From playmoDB

;D :woohoo:

Playmobil UK

bb THANK YOU! 
  (:-[Kind of embarrassing that I didn't know what to do - my generation is supposed to be good with technology.   :lol:)
[img]

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 18:59:39 »
Yeah, I'm young enough to be supposed to know all this stuff to, but I usually don't! I seriously just learned this about two weeks ago.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 17:18:02 »
Sorry to bring this back  :-[

I tried this and works perfectly here. But when I want to send an email from my hotmail account with this method it doesn't work.
Any ideas why? or what should I do for it to work there too?

:)
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2014, 17:21:53 »
It doesn't work either on tumblr  :'(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2014, 18:02:01 »
The [ url ] notation is BB code or something - meant for use in this kind of message board.

I usually use plain text in email (I'm old fashioned) - there is probably a button to insert a link.

If it's html, then it works like this: <a href="http://www.somesite.com">SOME SITE</a>

(Note the above was automagically made a link. Gah. But this happens in most email programs too)

(have no idea how tumblr works :-[ )

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2014, 19:09:40 »
The [ url ] notation is BB code or something - meant for use in this kind of message board.

I usually use plain text in email (I'm old fashioned) - there is probably a button to insert a link.

If it's html, then it works like this: <a href="http://www.somesite.com">SOME SITE</a>

(Note the above was automagically made a link. Gah. But this happens in most email programs too)

(have no idea how tumblr works :-[ )

Thanks tahra, I had already tried this one too in tumblr and doesn't work either. i'll try hotmail. :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2014, 19:12:55 »
Thanks tahra, I had already tried this one too in tumblr and doesn't work either. i'll try hotmail. :)

What if you just write http://www.somesite.com - doesn't it come as a link in the message? You can try sending one to yourself, and see how it goes..

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2014, 19:19:58 »
ok, maybe I should expand my search then hehe.

it's not actually a website what I want to link. It's a photograph, in someone's profile in a website. It's very specific, but is there any difference when you want to link that? the thing is that I don't want the WHOLE link to show, I want to replace it for certain text, you know? instead of the link the words "cool pic", something like that.  :)